Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I possess nature-killing faculties

I don't know if faculties is the correct word for it but I like the way it sounds. The point is a tree killed itself today so that I could finish my first act.


A tree fell on the tracks and suspended the Septa line to Trenton, making it virtually impossible for me to get to New York for my co-op. As much as I bitterly resent the fact that I can't gallivant around today as a pseudo-professional like I usually do, it is fantastic that I suddenly have a full day to get most of my writing done for this week. I've been fiddling around and managed to progress a few pages but I knew I'd have to do a lot of my work in the evenings, which is when I am the most creatively limber but also exhausted.

Started watching "Pillars of the Earth" today. I'm halfway through the book but I'm disappointed with the show so far. It makes me feel better though, that even an epic, highly-anticipated adaptation of a medieval story can fail. That means that I'm not a complete asshat for falling short on my own previous attempts at writing around the same time. I think medieval is the second hardest time period to write in, after the Stone Age. Only the Flintstones did that right.

No comments:

Post a Comment